The Board of Directors of the Association of Blauvelt Descendants established a scholarship program to promote the intellectual development of our members, their families and the community as a whole through financial support. The ABD is proud to be able to offer this assistance. The awards are available each year and will be given as a result of interest earned from bequests and monies donated to this fund in the future. The Scholastic Awards include:
The Raymond & Carolyn Blauvelt Scholarship Award ($1,000.)
The Starr & Dorothy Schofield Blauvelt Scholarship Award ($1,000.)
The Jackie Hegeman/ABD Scholarship Award ($1000.)
The Best Essay Award ($250.)
The scholarships are available for high school students applying to college and for students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
For a scholarship application send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and put 'ABD Scholarship' in the subject line.
Scholarship Application Procedures:
1. To apply for any and all of these scholarships, please submit, in the following order:
a. Application Form
b. Proof of Academic Achievement - by providing school transcripts.
c. Personal Résumé – including school activities, extra-curricular activities, athletics, memberships, honors, awards, community service, volunteer activities, jobs, hobbies and interests.
d. Personal Essay - at least two pages but not more than three pages, double spaced, 12 pt. and in your own words on the topic.
e. Financial Need Statement – one to two paragraph statement of financial need written by the student if you wish to be considered for the Hegemann award.
2. All required information must be complete. Email documents to Blauvelt@nnyln.net by May 1, 2018. Put in the subject field: ABD Scholarship. Late applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Notification and Awarding Procedures:
1. Applications are reviewed by a Scholarship Committee. This committee will recommend nominees for each scholarship to the ABD Board of Directors for vote of approval at the Spring Board Meeting.
2. All applicants will be notified in writing directly by the Board of Directors immediately after the selection is made. Scholarship recipients will be asked to provide a photograph to be published in the Blauvelt News with their winning essays.
3. The scholarship award amount will be sent directly to the academic institution listed on the Application Form on behalf of the individual. The money is to be applied to the tuition of the student or other qualified educational expenses.
1. All eligible applicants are encouraged to re-apply each year for Scholarship Award consideration, regardless of past result.
2. These scholarships are not a loan and, therefore, do not have to be repaid after graduation.
3. All tax implications are the responsibility of the award recipient.
The Scholarship Fund Committee:
Thomas J. Blauvelt, Chairman, email@example.com.
William Blauvelt, Barbara Haulenbeek, Ira Jersey, Linda Peterson, Suzanne Piccolo
For further information about the Scholarship Fund Program or to make a contribution please contact:
William E. Blauvelt Jr.
8 Briar Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
856-751-2678 or williamblauvelt at hotmail.com